I am Ms. Cassandra Will, a native of New Roads, Louisiana and life-long member of the Roman Catholic Church. My position at Redemptorist St. Gerard School is the Religious instructor. Our Religion classes for this school session, 2016-17, include all Kindergarten – 8th Grade students. I come with a wealth of knowledge, experience and eagerness and openness to further my educational goals and the religious education of students. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree from Southern University, Baton Rouge in Psychology. I have also studied at the University of New Orleans and Princeton University in New Jersey. In the Summer of 2015, I graduated from Xavier University of Louisiana with a Masters of Theology. I am also certified with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge in the following areas: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional, and Catholic Sexuality Morality. In addition to the certification areas from the Diocese, I have completed over 200 of Enrichment Hours in Catechetical Formation.
Our goals for this session are as follows:
1) more implementation of technology in religion class
2) preparing and training more students for reading at Masses and prayer services
3) teaching the parts of the Mass
4) introducing students through the use of media stories on the Saints
5) additional usage of Bibles
6) creating several projects on the local and global world